Thursday, August 14, 2008

"Back to school, back to school..."

I did it and I survived. I've been to work for two days now and I'm still alive and so is the Little Dude. It was fine. It wasn't a horrible, traumatic moment. I walked out of the front door with the sound of his laughter. I come home and he was happy and smiley. He likes his babysitter, we love that she's agreed to watch him and she thoroughly enjoys her time with him. Win-win... win.

It felt good to be at work. I like my job very much and I felt happy to be back busying myself with classroom decorations, lesson plans and new ideas. Don't misinterpret me- I'd much rather be caring for my child myself, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy my job. I've got tons of new ideas for my classroom and I'm planning to jam pack each day with activities so the time flies by. I've already got every holiday and early release marked on my calendar.
2 days down, 194 to go!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I was wondering how it would go for you guys. I'm glad to hear that all is well. I totally miss teaching, so I can understand where you are coming from. :) How's it going with pumping?

Trish Chibas said...

So glad it went well. Mason is such a happy baby and you've done such a wonderful job, I couldn't imagine it going any other way.